What better way to say, “I love you” then with something just as sweet as your sweetie? Because the best gifts are the ones that taste sweet like candy! Here is a recipe for Crispy Chocolate Hearts from Southern Living. Enjoy!
– 1 package (12 oz) semisweet chocolate morsels
– 1/2 cup peanut butter
– 2 cups crisp rice cereal
– 1 1/2 cups peanuts
– 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
– 2 (2oz) chocolate bark coating squares, melted
– White or pink nonpareils
– Microwave chocolate morsels on high for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
– Mix melted chocolate with peanut butter, stirring until well blended. Then stir in crisp rice cereal, peanuts & marshmallows.
– Line a pan (13×9 inch) with foil and lightly grease with a non-stick cooking spray.
– Press mixture evenly into pan.
– Drizzle the top with melted chocolate and sprinkle with white or pink nonpareils.
– Let stand until firm – about one hour.
– Cut with heart shaped cookie cutter and place on decorative plate for serving
If you have a recipe that you would like to share with us and potentially have it published in the CIT Insider, you can email it to: Roger@CypressInsuranceTeam.com